Recipe by Barb G.
When it comes to breakfast breads, this fine-textured whole wheat loaf made with granola and applesauce is heard to beat. For a special wake-up treat, spread it with fruit-flavored soft-style cream cheese. Makes 1 1/2 pound loaf. Recipe comes from Fleischmann's yeast.
Top Review by Bev
How could I possibly go wrong with all these scrumptious ingredients? This bread is delightfully flavorful with great texture. The only change I may add next time is a bit more brown sugar (to personal taste) and perphaps some bits of chopped apple. Great recipe, Barb! I'll be making this again!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup granola cereal
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients to bread machine pan in the order sussested by Manufacturer, adding applesauce with water, and granola with flours.
- (if dough is too dry or stiff or too soft or slack, adjust dough consistency, by adding 3 to 4 teaspoons water or flour).
- Recommened cycle, whole wheat, light or medium color setting.