Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you're tired of eating the same bread every 10 days, try this one!
- 1 1⁄2 cups amish starter (see recipezaar.com/321840)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup oil (or 1/2 oil & 1/2 applesauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) box instant butterscotch pudding mix (large size)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325’.
- To the remaining batter add eggs, baking powder, oil, baking soda, milk, vanilla, 1 cup sugar, flour, salt, pudding, 2 tsp cinnamon and apples.
- Note: It is easier to mix if you combine the dry ingredients (except for sugar and pudding) in another bowl then add it slowly to the batter.
- Grease bottom and sides of 2 large loaf pans or spray with Pam. Mix ½ cup sugar and 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Dust the insides of each of the pans with half of the mixture, making sure to cover the bottom and sides well.
- Pour batter evenly into the 2 pans and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture over top of the batter.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour (until toothpick comes out clean.) Cool until the bread loosens from the pan easily. Turn onto serving dish. May be served warm or cold. Enjoy.
Awesome, awesome, awesome. Best version of friendship bread that I have had thus far. SUPER moist and flavorful - perfectly sweet (but then I cut the amt of sugar in half) and not rubbery! I did use all oil (no applesauce on hand), only used 1/2 cup blend of brown sugar and Splenda, used sugar free pudding and sprinkled oats on top. Will most certainly make this one again!!! Loved it!!! Back to say that I believe this to be my 1000th recipe review and what an AWESOME recipe it is. Great benchmark!