Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple and tasty make-ahead breakfast. Serve with lots of extra maple syrup and enjoy. I make it on Christmas morning. Never any leftovers.
- 1 loaf cinnamon-swirl bread, cubed (with raisin if you like them)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup diced apple
- 8 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups half-and-half or 2 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- Coat a 9x13 baking dish with spray of oil. Arrange half of the bread in the dish. Spread the cream cheese cubes over the bread and then the apples. Top with remaining bread.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs and cream, butter and maple syrup. Pour over the bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake 45 minutes of until set and lightly browned. Let stand at least 15 minutes before serving with extra maple syrup.