I love to make French Toast whenever there is left-over Challah (egg bread) that is a little too stale to eat. This is one of my favorite ways to prepare it. You can use a different kind of bread if that's what you have on hand though.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the french toast
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 12 slices day-old bread, cut thick (French bread or egg bread work best. Depending on how large your slices are, you may need more or le)
For the sauce
- 1For the toast: Mix all ingredients except bread.
- 2Spray a skillet with non-stick spray and heat to medium-high.
- 3Dip bread in batter to coat, and place in skillet.
- 4Cook until browned, flip, and cook the other side.
- 5For the sauce: Melt butter and sugar in saucepan.
- 6Add water, cinnamon, and apples.
- 7Cook on low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender.
- 8Serve on top of or on the side of the toast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cinnamon French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.0
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 160.2 mg
- Sodium 452.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 32.7 g
- Protein 9.5 g