Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe on a site called Food for Tots. Looks baby friendly. A wonderful light egg soufflé that kids are sure to love and it's easy to make! Dutch babies also make a good dinner meal accompanied by Canadian Bacon or Ham and take less of the cook's time than regular pancakes.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 medium apples
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 425°F Put butter into a 3 to 4 quart frying pan and place in oven to melt.
- While butter is melting, peel and core 2 medium apples, then cut them into thin slices.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add cinnamon and sugar to the melted butter.
- Stir in the sliced apples.
- Return pan to oven for about 3 minutes.
- Put the eggs and milk into a blender and whip at high speed for 1 minute.
- Set the blender to low speed and slowly add the flour until well blended.
- Remove the pan from oven and pour egg batter over the butter and apples.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pancake is raised and golden brown.
- Cut in wedges and dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.
Easy, delicious and fast. We loved it for breakfast. I, too sauted the apples, butter, sugar and cinnamon, then added the batter to the pan and put into the oven for about 15 minutes. Yummy. I did not miss salt in this dish.
This is a nice recipe. I did things a little differently. I use cast iron skillet. Melt the butter on the stovetop. Add cinnamon, sugar and a pinch of nutmeg. Core apples using corer and slice each piece in 1/2 again into the skillet. Saute for a bit...turning the slices over. Then I add a bit of spiced rum (could use another liquor or skip it if for small children) and ignite it. Add the blender batter PLUS a pinch of salt, a little vanilla and bake. My family loves it! So easy and never fails to impress.
Just a great meal for a cold weekend night. I did the same as other reviewers. Cooked apples in cast iron skillet with butter, apples, cinnamon and sugar then pored batter over them. Absolutely grand quick supper!