Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom belongs to a Sheltie list. One of her friend makes these dog cookies for her dogs and thought my mom might like to make them for her Sheltie.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, cinnamon, eggs, and oil.
- Grate the apple into the mixture; add the water.
- Mix until it starts coming together into a ball.
- Turn our onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead well.
- Roll out to a thickness of 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch.
- Take a straight edge and score the dough horizontally then vertically to make a grid of 3/4-inch squares.
- Be careful not to score the dough so that it cuts completely through the dough.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place cookie on baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour at 325°F.
- Place in a storage container or ziploc bag and refrigerate.