Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom belongs to a Sheltie list. One of her friend makes these dog cookies for her dogs and thought my mom might like to make them for her Sheltie.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, cinnamon, eggs, and oil.
- Grate the apple into the mixture; add the water.
- Mix until it starts coming together into a ball.
- Turn our onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead well.
- Roll out to a thickness of 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch.
- Take a straight edge and score the dough horizontally then vertically to make a grid of 3/4-inch squares.
- Be careful not to score the dough so that it cuts completely through the dough.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place cookie on baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour at 325°F.
- Place in a storage container or ziploc bag and refrigerate.
Excellent biscuits, easy to make. My 2 dogs loved them. Thank you for posting this recipe.
My two bulldogs love these, will definitely be making these on a regular basis for them.
Hi I'm KM's dog, Max. Thank you so much for these wonderful Cookies. Though I'm not very happy with my owner, cos she found them so tempting and she tried them too and found them yummY! I DON'T WANT TO SHARE THEM WITH HER!!! But you are nice....*lick lick* thank you.