Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are SOOOOOOO delicious! I have also made these using peach pie filling in place of apple, it is just as good as the apple! I strongly suggest to double the complete recipe, I could eat pretty much this whole dish just myself, they are that good! you can use your own homemade apple pie filling for this in place of canned --- top these with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream :)
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter (no subs!)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- vanilla ice cream
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish (I use an 11 x 7-inch baking dish).
- Divide and spoon the pie filling down the center of each tortilla, then sprinkle with raisins (if using).
- Sprinkle the cinnamon lightly over the filling and raisins.
- Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- In a saucepan bring butter, white sugar, brown sugar, water and whipping cream to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly for about 3-4 minutes; pour over the enchiladas in the dish.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
5 stars all the way. We loved the caramel sauce and they were so simple to make. Thanks for posting this tasty recipe.
This is an incredibly easy, inexpensive dish that tastes very good. Better the next day. So simple. Thanks for the great recipe.
You are right Kittencal - this is sooooooo delicious! I made it for a Mexican carry-in at work today. It was to die for! One of my co-workers wanted to just eat the sauce. I made one substitution (not the butter of course). I used evaporated milk instead of the whipping cream and it was still extremely rich! The addition of cinnamon and raisins to this recipe make it over the top. It was easy to assemble and I tripled it and put it into a jellyroll pan for a large crowd. Thanks for something new!