1/3 Photos of Apple-Cinnamon Crumble Pie
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is just as good made without the crust and just baked in a 9-inch baking dish, make certain to use Granny Smith apples or similar baking apples, a frozen deep-dish 9-inch pie shell will work well for this
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 prepared unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 3 1/2 lbs granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour (use semi-heaping tablespoons)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees F (oven rack set to lowest position).
- 2Prepare a 9-inch deep-dish glass pie plate.
- 3Fit the pastry into the pie plate and flute edges.
- 4For the filling; mix together all ingredients making sure that the apples are coated well; set aside.
- 5For the topping; in a processor blend first 5 ingredients; Add in cold butter pieces and process using on/off turns until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- 6Toss the filling ingredients again to redistribute the juices, then transfer to the prepared pie shell, mounding the apple filling in the center
- 7Using your hands pack topping over and around the apples.
- 8Place the pie plate on a baking sheet.
- 9Bake at 400 degreesF for about 35 minutes or until topping is golden (cover with foil if topping is browning too quickly).
- 10After 40 minutes REDUCE the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- 11Bake until apples in the center are fork-tender and the filling is bubbling thickly at edges (about 30 minutes longer).
- 12Cool until warm (about 1-1/2 hours).
- 13Serve with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Cinnamon Crumble Pie
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.3
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 281.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 56.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g