Recipe by misskitty
From About - Busy Cooks. This easy, gooey, and fragrant recipe starts with refrigerated cinnamon roll dough, adds four ingredients, and ends up as a fabulous coffee cake.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 12 ounces refrigerated cinnamon roll dough, with icing
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9" glass pie plate with solid shortening and spread 1 cup of the chopped apples in the pan. Set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 rolls. Cut each roll into 4 pieces and place in a large bowl. Add remaining 1/2 cup apples.
- In small bowl, combine margarine, brown sugar and corn syrup and mix well. Add brown sugar mixture to dough mixture and toss gently to coat. Spoon over apples in pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 28-38 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes, then turn out onto serving plate. Remove lid from icing container and microwave on high for 10-15 seconds or until smooth. Drizzle over warm coffee cake and serve warm.