Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious, moist cake that my mother has made for years. I don't know the cake's real name, but it is delectable. I have yet to meet a person who does not like this cake. This cake is so good, it doesn't need icing!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups pared sliced apples
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (not semi-sweet)
- Peel, core and slice apples to desired size (I prefer a little thinner than apple pie slices).
- Grease well a 9x13 cake pan or an angel food cake pan.
- Stir flour, sugar, oil, eggs, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Stir in apples and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter, which will be very thick and lumpy, into pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Let cool.
- Store in an air-tight container or cover with saran wrap.
- ***Tips*** if using an angel food cake pan, be very careful when removing it from the pan, it sometimes falls apart. if using a regular cake pan, serve right from the pan. ***If cake seems to be a little dry, place slices of apples on the top of the cake until you are ready to serve.