Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
This luscious cheesecake is yours from Eagle Brand and so easy! You have the delightful combination of apple and cinnamon, two ingredients that were made for each other and they'll prove it when you try this! *You can use a 13X9" baking pan, just double the topping ingredients, simmer 10 to 12 minutes, until thickened.
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped, toasted, slivered
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, almonds, sugar and butter; press firmly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan. In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in EAGLE BRAND® until smooth (DO NOT OVERBEAT).
- Add eggs,one at a time and almond extract; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until center is set. Cool.
- **Top with Almond Praline Topping.
- **Notes: Almond Praline Topping:.
- In small saucepan, combine 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar and 1/3 cup whipping cream. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves. Simmer 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup chopped,toasted slivered almonds. Spoon evenly over cheesecake. (For 13x9-inch pan, double all topping ingredients; simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened.
- Chill. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
I don't see any apples in the ingredients. I checked the Eagle Brand website, and cannot find this specific recipe. Sounds like it'd be good, but...no apples?