Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Apple season is here! If you have never tasted an apple cheesecake before, you have got to try this! Adapted from a R. Reisman recipe.
- 354.88 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml water
- 14.79 ml melted margarine
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml light ricotta cheese
- 236.59 ml 1% fat cottage cheese
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml flour
- 1 egg
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml almond extract
- 118.29 ml peeled diced apple
- 236.59 ml light sour cream (1%)
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 14.79 ml toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Spray an 8-inch (2 L) springform pan with vegetable spray.
- In bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, water, margarine and cinnamon; mix well. Press onto bottom and sides of springform pan; refrigerate.
- Put ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, sugar, 2 tbsp of the flour, egg, 1 tsp of the cinnamon, vanilla and almond extract in food processor; process until smooth. In small bowl, combine remaining 1 tbsp flour and remaining 1 tsp cinnamon with apples. Stir apple mixture into batter. Pour into pan and bake for 25 minutes or until set around edges but still slightly loose at center.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together sour cream, sugar and vanilla; pour over cheesecake and sprinkle with nuts. Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes longer. Topping will be loose. Let cool and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.