Recipe by FernWitch
One of my friends made something similar to this at a party, and I loved it. I asked for the recipe but lost it, and ended up trying to make it by memory. It may not be the original recipe, but its darn good! It has a sweeter taste than your average cheese ball. Excellent with Sesame Seed Crackers.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup dried apple, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium to large bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and cinnamon. Beat until well blended.
- Stir in apples until evenly distributed.
- Shape mixture into a ball by rolling it around inside the bowl.
- Once ball is formed, pour crushed nuts into a second bowl, and roll cheese ball in the crushed nuts until the outside is covered.
- Presenting the cheese ball on a plate, place cinnamon stick and bay leaf in the top of the ball to make it look like an apple.