Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Co workers request this often. It is so easy I can bake it before work and take it while it is still warm. If you like coffee, it's great with your morning cup. Credit goes to "Thank You apple pie filling" I found this on the top of the can many years ago. My friend doesn't like apple cakes but asked for seconds of this.
- 1 yellow cake mix (cheaper the better)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Pour the dry cake mix in a bowl.
- Add eggs and apple pie filling (guess you could use other flavors as well).
- Mix with mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 the batter in a lightly greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mix.
- Repeat with remaining batter and end with.
- cinnamon/sugar mix.
- Bake at 350° for approximately 35 minute or until toothpick comes out clean.
We enjoyed it, very easy to make. It didn't say but I greased and floured the pan, and I followed the other comments and hand mixed it by mixing the eggs, then adding the mix cake mix and pie filling. Thanks nursevb! Made for Help a Naked Recipe game.
I made this for guests last night and it was a HUGE hit! I added some cinnamon to the dry cake mix as suggested, and I mixed the batter by hand to keep the apple pieces intact. I baked in a bundt pan (took 42 mins), and before serving topped it with the caramel glaze from Diane's Fresh Apple Cake With Caramel Glaze. SO easy and delicious! I will definitely make this again!
I really liked this. I will say after reading reviews about apple texture I opted not to use the mixer to avoid breaking down the apples. My girls complained so next time, I will surely use the mixer. I did add a generous handful of walnuts and even my mother in law liked it. Super simple. Great go-quick dessert option. I will definitely make this again.