Recipe by Phyllis Ferguson
Super fast cake to make - and very delicious! The ingredients seem odd because there is no oil but it makes a wonderful cake. We really prefer it made in the loaf pans for a breakfast cake.
Top Review by HokiesMom
I am so surprised this has not been reviewed before! I've made this cake often in the past and your recipe encouraged me to make it again. It is a great moist cake. I used a low-sugar apple pie filling and an egg substitute to reduce some of the calories. I absolutely love the cinnamon sugar ribbon inside and it as a topping - it takes this cake over the top. Betty Crocker did well and so did you by posting! Made for the Bargain Basement tag game in Cooking Games with Friends forum.
- 1 box spice cake mix (dry)
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat dry cake mix, pie filling, and eggs in large bowl on low for 2 minutes.
- Spread half of batter in prepared pan (2 loaf pans for a breakfast cake, or a 9x13- I prefer the 2 loaf pans).
- Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half of the mixture over the batter in the pan.
- Spread remaining batter in the pan; sprinkle with remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minues or until done.
- I use a few tablespoons of canned vanilla frosting- heat it in the microwave a few seconds and drizzle over the top of the cake.
- This is a great cake- and so easy to make!