Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a Rachael Ray recipe. Serve with ice cream. I assume you could use pears instead of the apple. I had to put the egg, water and oil in to make the recipe public, but use whatever your cake mix calls for.
- 1 (15 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to the directions on the cake box.
- Mix cake mix to direction on box. Butter a 9 by 9 inch cake pan.
- Arrange diced apple on top of the cake and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until cake is done. Serve warm.