Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the pancake.
Top Review by Grossen's Girl Chef
I hade only half of the recipe but used 1 cup of homemade buttermilk instead of the half (3/4 cup). The pancakes were very fluffy and thick. I am waiting for my boyfriend to see if he likes :) Also made a cinnamon syrup and it was perfect. Thanks!
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together the baking soda, flour, baking powder, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, sour cream and melted butter; add to the flour mixture and stir JUST until the flour is moistened.
- Stir in the grated apple.
- Drop a scant 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot lightly greased griddle.
- Cook, turning once until golden brown.