Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the pancake.
Make and share this Apple Cinnamon Buttermilk Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, mix together the baking soda, flour, baking powder, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, sour cream and melted butter; add to the flour mixture and stir JUST until the flour is moistened.
- Stir in the grated apple.
- Drop a scant 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot lightly greased griddle.
- Cook, turning once until golden brown.
I hade only half of the recipe but used 1 cup of homemade buttermilk instead of the half (3/4 cup). The pancakes were very fluffy and thick. I am waiting for my boyfriend to see if he likes :) Also made a cinnamon syrup and it was perfect. Thanks!
I liked these a lot they came out light tasting and textured. Since I changed a lot of the ingredients even though keeping with the basic recipe I will not give 4 stars. I made ours gluten free which worked very well using mostly white rice flour, some brown rice flour and half the amount of sweet rice flour that acts as a starch, I used more baking soda and some organic apple cider vinegar along with the apples to leave out the baking powder, I used sea salt, Balkan (thick) yogurt mixed with water for the butter milk and straight for the sour cream to be corn free, I used coconut butter/oil in place of the butter as that is what I had on hand and liked that it was lactose free that way, for the apple I used red delicious. DD1 (4 years) and I both found we didn't taste the apple/cinnamon that much but it was still lightly sweet with slight apple taste. Topped with honey for DD1. I may make these again with a tarter apple and serve with maple syrup.
Yummy. I halved the recipe and it was enough for 2 adults and 2 kids. Used 2% milk because that is what I had on hand, will make again with buttermilk. Thanks for sharing.