Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Use a firmer apple for this, and top with ice cream!
Top Review by WizzardofMOZ
This recipe is ok at best. The crust didn't get crunchy and it took me 45+ minutes to get the apples to get soft (I used Fuji apples) and that made the bottom burn. Also when I added the second half of the crunch to the top of it, it also did not get crunchy either. I suggest using less apples and a different recipe for the crunch then maybe it will turn out better.
- 1 cup butter, melted (no subs)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 6 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced (or use 7 medium apples)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter (no subs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Butter a 9 x 9-inch or an 11 x 7-inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the butter crunch; mix well to combine with a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle HALF of the mixture onto the bottom of the pan and press down light with back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a mixing bowl combine the apple slices, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg (if using) and melted butter; toss to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the baked crust.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until apples are tender (it might take more or less time depending on what kind of apples you are using).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining butter crunch over the apples, then return to oven for about 10 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.