Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
It is a huge challenge to created a bundt cake with different spices the combine well in different flavors, like fruits or just to think in make something out of your comfort zone. My inspiration for this cake? Apple pie, defiantly a favorite in every house, and I try to bring this flavors and make something very similar, delicious and different. You notice by reading the recipe the it is simple but pack in flavor and the texture is just perfect. Apple and cinnamon is like a good marriage, go well, you fell good and taste delicious. So I hope you make it and enjoy it with you tea or coffee.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a bowl mix the apples with lemon zest, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Cream sugar with butter for 5 minutes, add eggs one by one and vanilla extract, add dry ingredients alternating with the buttermilk, and mix just to combine, add by hand the apple mixture.
- Place in a grease bundt pan, and bake for 1 hour, remember to check the center of the cake with a toothpick to make sure is completely cook.