Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am posting this recipe here so I won't lose it! It comes from a little magazine flyer that a local grocery store chain sends out. I thought it looked good. Let me know what you think!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated baking apples
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking powder, lemon zest and salt. In a separate container, beat together eggs, milk and melted butter.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredient; pour in the egg mixture and stir just until evenly combined.
- Fold in grated apple and walnuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan. Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool on a baking rack for at least 20 minutes before removing from pan.