Recipe by happybella
From The Complete Book of Raw Food. This recipe was submitted by Rose Lee Calabro. I had this for my breakfast today (day 3 of going raw) with a glass of fresh almond milk. Prep time is an estimate and cook time is actually dehdrator time. http://bellaraw.blogspot.com/
Top Review by 4-H Mom
I made this, it's a different texture than what I am use to. I liked it. My family ate it, but didnt really care for it. I will probably make it again for me and some of my friends who really liked it. Thanks for the recipe.
- 2 cups golden flax seeds
- 1 cup almonds, soaked for 12-48 hours
- 1 cup raisins, soaked 4-6 hours (I forgot to soak mine and it still came out okay)
- 2 apples, grated (I was lazy and just chopped mine into little tiny pieces)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (I suggest adding a lot more if you like the taste of cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind flax seeds in a blender or coffee grinder (do not over grind them--the thicker the mixture, the better the bread).
- Process almonds to a meal in the blender.
- Process the raisins in a blender until smooth, adding some of the raisin soak water to blend.
- Combine the flax, almonds, and raisins in a mixing bowl, then add grated apples, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- Form into 3 loaves about 4 by 8 by 1 inch and dehydrate at 105 degrees for 12 to 14 hours.