This recipe was on Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee. I made it guilt free and lowfat by making a few tweaks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 egg whites, beaten
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rum extract or 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 15 slices cinnamon raisin bread, cubed (6 cups)
- 1 (21 ounce) can reduced sugar apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 (28 g) packets reduced sugar instant apple and cinnamon oatmeal
- 1For bread pudding: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together egg and egg whites, milk, rum extract, salt, and brown sugar.
- 3Stir in raisin bread, pie filling, raisins, and oatmeal packets until bread cubes are moist.
- 4Spray a 9 by 12-inch baking dish with nonstick spray and pour the mixture into the dish. Set aside for 30 minutes, until the bread has soaked up the liquid.
- 5Bake pudding until it has risen, browned, and a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- 6For the sauce:Combine all ingredients in a bowl and blend with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- 7Serve bread with a dollop of sauce.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding With Ginger Ale Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.6 mg
- Sodium 485.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced sugar apple pie filling
reduced sugar instant apple and cinnamon oatmeal