Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was on Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee. I made it guilt free and lowfat by making a few tweaks!
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 egg whites, beaten
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rum extract or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 15 slices cinnamon raisin bread, cubed (6 cups)
- 1 (21 ounce) can reduced sugar apple pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 (28 g) packets reduced sugar instant apple and cinnamon oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup diet ginger ale
- 1 (2 1/2 g) packet Dream Whip topping mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- For bread pudding: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg and egg whites, milk, rum extract, salt, and brown sugar.
- Stir in raisin bread, pie filling, raisins, and oatmeal packets until bread cubes are moist.
- Spray a 9 by 12-inch baking dish with nonstick spray and pour the mixture into the dish. Set aside for 30 minutes, until the bread has soaked up the liquid.
- Bake pudding until it has risen, browned, and a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- For the sauce:Combine all ingredients in a bowl and blend with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Serve bread with a dollop of sauce.