This came from Fitness magazine. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 slices whole wheat bread, lightly toasted
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 mcintosh apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1Preheat the oven to 325. Mist a 7 x 11"-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 2Drizzle 2 teaspoons butter mixture over each slice of bread; spread mixture to the edges. Make three sandwiches; trim away crusts and cut bread into 1/2"-inch cubes. Transfer to the baking dish.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Pour the mixture over bread and let rest 15 minutes or until most of it has been absorbed. Stir in the diced apple.
- 4Combine the granulated sugar with remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over the pudding.
- 5Place baking dish in a larger roasting pan and fill pan halfway with very hot water. Bake 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the pudding comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Cinnamon Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.4 mg
- Sodium 221.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 6.7 g