1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Nancy Van Ess's Note:
Apple-Cinnamon Bread Pudding
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs golden delicious apples (3 cups) or 1 1/4 lbs gala apples (3 cups) or 1 1/4 lbs granny smith apples, cored, peeled, quartered, sliced (3 cups)
- cinnamon sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cut in 1/2
- 1Place oven rack in middle position.
- 2Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3Lightly grease 9 or 10" deep-dish pie plate. Have ready a roasting pan larger than the pie plate.
- 4In a large bowl, toss apple slices with 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar.
- 5Place a large skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add 1 tablespoon butter; spread half of the apples to cover bottom.
- 7Cook 1 minute per side or until partially cooked.
- 8Remove to a large plate.
- 9Repeat with another 1 tablespoon butter and remaining apples.
- 10Add to plate.
- 11Meanwhile, put eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon-sugar in the bowl.
- 12Add remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter; whisk until ingredients are well blended.
- 13Spread bread cubes in pie plate.
- 14Arrange apple slices in concentric circles on top.
- 15Pour egg mixture evenly over apples; sprinkle with reserved 1 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar.
- 16Set pie plate in roasting pan.
- 17Place pan on middle rack of oven; add very hot water to roasting pan to come half way up sides of pie plate.
- 18Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- 19Remove pie plate from water.
- 20Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Cinnamon Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 88.4 mg
- Sodium 153.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 6.0 g