This is a moist and delicious quick bread from a church cookbook called, ... not by bread alone. I have not made it with walnuts.
- Mix together first 5 ingredients. Set aside.
- Mix 1 cup sugar with oil in large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla, then apples and nuts, if using. Stir in dry flour ingredients.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 F for 50 to 60 minutes.
- After bread has baked for 20 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar. Return to oven and finish baking.
- Do not undercook. Requires frequent toothpick testing at the end. Many variables seem to affect final doneness.
- Let cool in pan.
- Note: I made 2 mini loaves and baked them for 45 minutes.