Shannon Holmes's Note:
Moist and cinnamon-y with a crumble top... Mark loves these better than the Banana Granola Muffins and these are my favorites so far. These are groovy with the Starbucks Lite Caramel Clone or as a snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup smart start cereal or 1 cup other flaked cereal
- 1 cup apple pie filling, i used splenda sweetened,chop up apples with a knife into small chunks
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons soymilk (or more)
- cooking spray
- 1In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and cinnamon, cut in margarine to the size of peas.
- 2Place apple pie filling, applesauce and cereal in a large bowl.
- 3Set aside for 5 minutes or so to soften your cereal.
- 4Add oil, vanilla and cinnamon chips.
- 5Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 6Spray either 6 large or 12 small muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
- 7Place the flours, sugar, baking powder and soda, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 8Add flour mixture to the apple mixture.
- 9Add soy milk.
- 10Stir until just combined, you may need more soy milk.
- 11Divide muffin batter evenly between the oiled muffin cups.
- 12Sprinkle evenly with the topping.
- 13Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- 14Place the muffins on a cooling rack, cover with a clean tea towel for about 5 minutes.
- 15Run a butter knife around the muffins, remove very carefully as they are extremely delicate.
- 16Let cool and place in tupperware lined with a paper towel.
- 17Freeze, wrapped in plastic wrap after 1-2 days.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cinnachip Crumble Topped Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.4
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 473.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cinnamon baking chips