Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Moist and cinnamon-y with a crumble top... Mark loves these better than the Banana Granola Muffins and these are my favorites so far. These are groovy with the Starbucks Lite Caramel Clone or as a snack.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup smart start cereal or 1 cup other flaked cereal
- 1 cup apple pie filling, i used splenda sweetened,chop up apples with a knife into small chunks
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons soymilk (or more)
- cooking spray
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and cinnamon, cut in margarine to the size of peas.
- Place apple pie filling, applesauce and cereal in a large bowl.
- Set aside for 5 minutes or so to soften your cereal.
- Add oil, vanilla and cinnamon chips.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray either 6 large or 12 small muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
- Place the flours, sugar, baking powder and soda, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Add flour mixture to the apple mixture.
- Add soy milk.
- Stir until just combined, you may need more soy milk.
- Divide muffin batter evenly between the oiled muffin cups.
- Sprinkle evenly with the topping.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Place the muffins on a cooling rack, cover with a clean tea towel for about 5 minutes.
- Run a butter knife around the muffins, remove very carefully as they are extremely delicate.
- Let cool and place in tupperware lined with a paper towel.
- Freeze, wrapped in plastic wrap after 1-2 days.