Recipe by Baby Kato
Oh this is sooo good. I really hope that you will enjoy this tasty dish as much as we all do. Quick, easy to make with delicious results...try it...see for yourselves.
Top Review by Meghanmoo
This was great! I changed it a bit by adding 1/3 a cup of brown rice medely, I used less butter, half of the apple, and 1/8 cup regular raisins instead of golden (didn't have any). This is super yummy and I love the shallots and spices with all the dried fruit. What a yummy winter treat! My only complaint is that there was too much liquid and I had to drain the rice a bit. Oh well!
- 158.51 ml wild rice
- 473.18 ml apple cider, fresh
- 236.59 ml water
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml pecans, chopped or 59.14 ml sliced almonds
- 59.14 ml golden raisin
- 28.39 ml currants
- 28.39 ml dried cranberries, halved
- 29.58 ml candied ginger
- 1 large shallot, french, thinly sliced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1 apple, ida red, peeled, cored & chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash rice three times, drain well.
- Combine rice, cider and water in pan. Bring rice mixture to boil, reduce heat to low and cover and simmer 45 - 60 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter on low, add pecans, raisins, currants, and cranberries, ginger and shallots, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Next add the salt, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, fresh apple and wild rice. Cook on low for 2 minutes until heated, serve warm -- enjoy.