barbaja w.'s Note:
Apple cider vinegar marinade for chicken is an easy way to make chicken tender even if the bird is tough. My grandma also used on game,pork or beef to make it tender and moist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove chicken from package (or if living in a country where chicken is really fresh, remove feathers, entrails (do not crush any bits) head, feet and wingtips and tail).
- 2In a large bowl or clean sink put the chicken or cut up pieces of meat then pour on cold water until covered then add 1/2 cup of table salt or use less and 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- 3Move the chicken around gently in this mixture for 10 to 15 minutes. Less time is ok if you see that the skin hangs loose on the meat.
- 4You can add sugar or brown sugar, molasses, honey, karo syrup, pancake syrup or artificial sweetner to the soak, but that and the salt are a matter of taste.
- 5Rinse gently with more clean cold water.
- 6Now you are ready to cook stovetop, oven, crock pot, campfire or whatever.
- 7Even an old elderly bird will usually be tenderized.
- 8My grandma also used this on game to make it tender and moist.
- 9Remember to use a sink cleanser that contains bleach on the sink, because chicken is a funny meat. You need to be careful with utensils after they were touched by any raw meat.
- 10I mention the clean up, because when I was a new cook I did not know.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cider Vinegar Marinade for Chicken Barbaja W.
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 12.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 28296.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.0 g