Recipe by Miss Annie
Make your own syrup for French Toast Strata, pancakes, or waffles. Use more or less cinnamon according to your preferences.
Top Review by LAURIE
Miss Annie, this is a great syrup, I did use it over the French Toast Strata, and I did add a few finely chopped apples to give it a little crunch! TY for the emergency post of a super recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon in a small saucepan.
- Stir in apple juice and lemon juice.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- Serve with French Toast or pancakes or waffles.