Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make your own syrup for French Toast Strata, pancakes, or waffles. Use more or less cinnamon according to your preferences.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon in a small saucepan.
- Stir in apple juice and lemon juice.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- Serve with French Toast or pancakes or waffles.
Miss Annie, this is a great syrup, I did use it over the French Toast Strata, and I did add a few finely chopped apples to give it a little crunch! TY for the emergency post of a super recipe!
Loved this, had over http://www.recipezaar.com/128257 whole wheat cinnamon apple pancakes.
A wonderful companion to the French Toast Strata. Thanks!