Recipe by Mysterygirl
The owner of Birk's Gashaus a B&B in Hermann, MO gave me this recipe to with french toast. It's really easy and yummy!
Top Review by SilentCricket
I'm giving this four stars because the flavor was delicious; very subtle. It reminded me of homemade apple pie filling, without the chunks! The rest of my family love their fruit syrups, so weren't as excited about it and gave it three stars...But, since we tried it on pancakes, my 6-year old said she'd be willing to try it again on french toast like the recipe mentioned!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apple cider or 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan stir together the sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon.
- Then stir in the apple cider or juice and lemon juice.
- Cook and stir the mixture over medium heat till the mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Then cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the butter or margarine till melted.
- Makes about 1 1/3 cups.