Cook1 hr 40 mins
The owner of Birk's Gashaus a B&B in Hermann, MO gave me this recipe to with french toast. It's really easy and yummy!
- In a small saucepan stir together the sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon.
- Then stir in the apple cider or juice and lemon juice.
- Cook and stir the mixture over medium heat till the mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Then cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the butter or margarine till melted.
- Makes about 1 1/3 cups.