Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A great Autumn Bread. With fragrant apple cider and warming spices. Passive time depends on the machine.
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄4 cups apple cider, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Soak raisins in apple cider for 20 minutes.
- Strain raisins from cider setting the raisins aside.
- Place all ingredients but raisins in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Select Sweet setting (recommended to use light crust setting) and start machine.
- Add raisins at the last kneading.
The only change I made was to add chopped dried apples and use the dough cycle, rise and bake in the oven. This type of bread sells at our grocery store for $5.00.
This is a really nice bread, tastes very much like hot cross buns, mine didn't quite cook all the way through, I still had a little doughy bit at the top of it for some reason, no drama, just cut that away and ate the rest...maybe it's time to invest in a new breadmaker....this was lovely toasted and spread with cream cheese. Thanks Rita!
Truly an outstanding ABM recipe. The texture is superb. It makes great toast and my 1 year old love it. I'm going to try using the bread dough as a base for caramel rolls.