Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
This oatmeal is hearty, sweet, and healthy because it receives its sweetness from apple cider instead of added sugar. I love putting cranberries or fresh fruit in it and sometimes a bit of maple syrup.
- 1⁄2 cup Quaker Oats
- 1⁄2 cup fresh apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- grapes (optional)
- dried cranberries (optional)
- dried blueberries (optional)
- Mix together oatmeal, spices, water, dried fruit, and apple cider.
- Cover with paper towel and stick in microwave for 3 minutes.
- Uncover, stir, and place in microwave for another minute.
- Cut fresh green grapes on top and add milk.
Tasty oatmeal! But then again, oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfast foods. I used golden raisins as my fruit of choice. This was a nice change from my regular oatmeal. Will be making this again. Thanks for posting this adagger! Made for Comfort Cafe - Winter 2010.
Nice, quick breakfast. I used blueberries, and added some brown sugar. Thnx for sharing your recipe, adagger. Made for Comfort Cafe Snow Queen Chalet Jan 2010.
This was fabulous! We just used apple juice (that was what we had on hand) and sprinkled brown sugar on the top. It was so nice to have such a quick meal. 3 1/2 minutes were all the cooking time that I needed. The kids really liked it as well. This is definitely a keeper.