Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Recipe created by Champion Pitmaster Chris Lilly. These are the best ribs period.
Make and share this Apple Cider Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 racks of baby-back pork ribs (baby back)
- 1 cup kc Masterpiece Original barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup apple jelly
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Remove membrane from the back of rib slabs. In a small bowl, combine dry rub ingredients and mix well. Reserve one tablespoon of the rub for the liquid seasoning mixture.
- Generously apply dry rub onto front and back sides of ribs. Gently pat to ensure that rub will adhere.
- Build a charcoal fire for indirect cooking by situating the coals on only one side of the grill, leaving the other side void. Add a small aluminum pan to the void side of the grill and fill it halfway with water.
- When the charcoal grill reaches 250Ã‚Â°F, place ribs meat-side up on grill grate and cook over indirect heat for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Remove ribs from grill. Place each slab meat-side down on its own doubled aluminum foil square. The foil should be large enough to completely wrap each slab. Mix liquid seasoning in a small bowl. Pour 1/2 cup of the liquid over each slab.
- Then, tightly wrap and seal each slab with aluminum foil. Place the wrapped ribs back in cooker for 1 hour at 250Ã‚Â°F.
- Remove ribs from grill, unwrap, and discard foil. Brush finishing glaze on both sides of ribs.
- Place ribs back on the grill for 15 minutes, or until sauce caramelizes.