Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Fall off the bone tender
- Place a 2 lb. rack of baby back ribs in a foil lined shallow pan.
- Add 1 1/2 cups apple cider and cover lightly with foil.
- Bake at 250° for 3 hours basting every 1/2 hour or so with the cider.
- After 3 hours remove from oven and add rub or sauce to ribs.
- Drain off some liquid if needed.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for 1 hour at 325°.
I couldn't wait to try these ribs, they sounded so good, and I have been dying to have some. I used Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce and it was a great complimenting sauce to the ribs. This is one heck of a good rib recipe! Awesome flavors and let me tell you, once you bite into one of these ribs you will be licking your fingers, then going back for a second and a third rib real quick! Awesome!
Fabulous! Since it was a nice day we did these in the smoker over apple wood. The cider gives the meat such a great flavor at hardly needs any barbecue sauce at all. And the meat is so tender and juicy it comes right off the bone. Thanks for sharing! ~Sue