1/1 Photo of Apple Cider Pumpkin Bisque
A wonderful hearty autumn soup, goes great with a cold sandwich. This is not my recipe however-- I found this on the internet somewhere a while back and don't recall the source-- so if this is your recipe (especially if it could've been copyrighted by now) or you know whose it is, please let me know so I can give credit where it is due!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 473.18 ml milk (whole milk works best for this recipe, so does using half milk and half buttermilk, but 2% milk work)
- 118.29 ml pumpkin puree
- 473.18 ml apple cider (use 1 cup low- or no-sugar apple juice with 1 cup unsweetened applesauce when cider is not in season)
- nutmeg, for garnishing
- 1Melt the butter in saucepan on low heat, don't burn the butter!
- 2Mix in the flour.
- 3Slowly stir in the milk.
- 4Stir constantly over medium heat until thickened. (about 15 minutes or so).
- 5Add pumpkin, mix and heat thoroughly.
- 6Slowly add the cider and fully incorporate.
- 7Sprinkle with some nutmeg to serve.
- 8For some variation ideas, add some cubed butternut squash or pumpkin, golden delicious apples, and/or orzo. It feels a little empty having nothing but bisque.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cider Pumpkin Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.9
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 100.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g