Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This recipe comes from the Johnson County Kentucky Apple Festival Cookbook. 25th Anniversary 1987
- 236.59 ml butter (softened)
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 709.77 ml sugar
- 6 eggs
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 6.16 ml apple pie spice
- 236.59 ml apple cider
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Cream butter and shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine next 4 ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with apple cider, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes.
Really good. Really flavorfull and not extremely sweet. Just the type of cake i was looking for.