Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This recipe comes from the Johnson County Kentucky Apple Festival Cookbook. 25th Anniversary 1987
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream butter and shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine next 4 ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with apple cider, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes.
Really good. Really flavorfull and not extremely sweet. Just the type of cake i was looking for.