Recipe by Love To Cook in huntersville NC
I want to try this recipe but it calls for a slow cooker which I do not have. It was published in "Our State" magazine in the March '05 issue Hope someone can help me so I can cook it normally.
Top Review by NcMysteryShopper
I made this a couple of months ago when I saw the recipe in "Our State" (BTW - Great Magazine!!!) It was really good and the flavors were splendid. I cooked it in the crockpot and I followed the recipe without adding or deleting... It smelled divine!!! My DH thought it was the bomb!
- 2 lbs pork shoulder
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3 medium carrots, cut into half inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 medium apple, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into 1 inch pieces.
- In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, combine meat, potatoes, carrots, onions, apple, celery and tapioca.
- Stir in apple cider, salt, caraway seeds and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 10-12 hours or on high heat for 5-6 hours.