Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just a little something i whipped up one evening when trying to avoid going to the grocery store by using stuff i had on hand. Its delicious and satisfying.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 cup natural apple cider (NOT powdered or sweetened)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Brown chops on both sides in a large skillet, remove and set aside.
- Melt butter in same large skillet.
- Thinly slice onion and cook in butter for 15 minutes or until caramelized.
- Add apple cider to onion and then nestle chops down in the onion and cider.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes until chops are cooked through and cider reduces by a little more then half.
This was great, and really easy to make! My DH loved it and decalred it a keeper!! I took the chops out a little early and let the sauce reduce down even more to make a thick sauce, and it was very yummy!