Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Make and share this Apple Cider Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie (try my Homemade Pie Crust)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 1⁄2 cups peeled sliced cooking apples
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Roll half of pastry to 1/8 inch thickness on a lighlty floured surface. Place in a 9 inch pie plate and put aside.
- Combine sugar and cider in a large saucepan, bring to a boil. Add apples; cook, uncovered 8 minutes or until apples are tender. Drain, reserve syrup. Add enough water to syrup to measure 1 1/3 cups liquid, return syrup to saucepan along with apples. Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water, stirring well;add apple mixture. Stir in cinnamon, cook, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in butter. Spoon into pastry shell.
- Roll remaining pastry t 1/8 inch thick, transfer to top of pie. Trim off excess along sides. Fold edges under and flute. Cut slits in top for steam to escape.
- Bake at 375F for45 to 50 minutes. Cover pastry edges with foil to prevent excessive browning, if needed. Serve warm or cool.