Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This comes from my Parish House Inn Breakfast cookbook. Serve with Cardamom Cider Syrup (Cardamom Cider Syrup)
- 1 cup oat flour (1 cup uncooked rolled oats blended in food processor)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large apples (peeled, grated)
- Combine flours, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Combine eggs, apple cider, oil, and apples then mix with dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spray hot griddle with cooking spray, ladle 1/4 cup batter onto griddle, cook until bubbles form on top, flip, continue cooking until golden.
- Serve with Cardamom Cider Syrup (posted seperately).
These were a nice change. I do think they need some cinnamon. Thanks for posting this healthy recipe.
Great pancake. Wonderful flavor and very hearty. Liked the oat flavor in these. The grated apple kept them moist. I might add a touch of cinnamon next time. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.
Very yummy pancakes ~ a nice change from regular buttermilk pancakes. I served these with Apple Cider Syrup. Thanks for posting this Shortie! Made for Comfort Cafe ~ Winter 2010.