Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 mins
A yummy, quick breakfast that my family enjoys. We love oatmeal in the morning.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 3⁄4 cups apple cider
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (if needed)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine oats and cider.
- Microwave, uncovered on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the butter, cinnamon and salt (if using. I don't like it with salt but hubby does).
Oh wow. The fact that I even ate this without any sweetener is HUGE, as I usually like my oatmeal very very sweet. While it was not necessarily as sweet as I would have liked, it was certainly sweet enough for me to eat it! Lovely apple flavor, I too would think some cut up apples in here would be good. Thanks
I LOVED this DH did not. So I'm rating based on my opinion not his. I made it on top of the stove and the flavor is wonderful. Not overly sweet with just the right amount of bite. I omitted the salt. Thanks for submitting. I will add this to my rotation for breakfast.
Bought a big jug of apple cider and needed to use it. This is a super yummy bowl of oatmeal. Added just a bit of splenda as I like my oatmeal very sweet. Apple flavor was the best and a very easy prep. Thanks.