Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is an easy roast for a Sunday dinner. Plan on two chops per serving. Preparation time includes marinating time.
- 4 lbs pork rib roast (two ribs per serving)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry grainy mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed, lightly crushed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup apple cider
- Place all ingredients, except pork, in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Place roast in a zipper-type gallon baggie. Pour marinade over pork and close baggie. Place in refrigerator for 4-6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray a medium sized roasting pan and a wire rack to fit pan, with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove pork from marinade and reserve marinade. Place pork on rack in pan and put in oven on center rack.
- Roast 15 minutes per pound, Basting occasionally with reserved marinade, until instant-read thermometer inserted in center reaches 160°F Remove roast from oven and let sit on carving board about 10 minutes.
- Place roasting pan on stove burner, over medium heat, and pour in reserved marinade. Stir to loosen browned bits on bottom of pan. Heat until marinade and pan juices are hot.
- Slice roast between rib bones and serve, with pan juices drizzled on chops.