It's not too sweet as less sugar is needed. I use the dark cider (or use your homemade cider) for more robust cider taste.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of the sugar and the powdered pectin. Set aside.
- Pour the apple cider into a cooking pot.
- Add the pectin/sugar mixture to juice in the cooking pot; Stir vigorously and well.
- Bring mixture to full rolling boil stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining sugar and the cinnamon. Return to full rolling boil and boil for one-minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Skim off any foam.
- Ladle into sterilized jars to within 1/8 inch of tops.
- Seal and process five-minutes in boiling water bath.
This didn't gel for me. Boiling for 1 minute didn't seem long enough and i am sure that is why it didn't gel. If you make this recipe, boil until a candy thermometer reaches 220 or use the spoon test.
I followed the recipe to the letter and it didn't gel.
This didn't gel, even though I followed the directions to a "T"