Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a great fall snack. Apple cider makes these sundaes a hit.
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups tart apples, peeled, finely chopped
- vanilla ice cream
- In a saucepan, combine cider, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and lemon juice; stir until smooth. Add apples.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Serve over ice cream.
- makes about 2 cups topping.