I serve this when I cook a pork roast. I always get raves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour out drippings and let fat rise to the top.
- 2Meanwhile, deglaze pan with a little water.
- 3Skim off 3 tbsps.
- 4of fat and put into saucepan.
- 5Toss out the rest of the fat.
- 6Add drippings to pan.
- 7Make a mix of the flour and a small amount of COLD chicken broth-- remember cold is good here.
- 8Put everything but the bourbon (or orange juice) and the orange peel into the saucepan.
- 9Bring to a simmer.
- 10Slowly, in a thin even stream, add the flour/broth mixture.
- 11Adjust for desired thickness.
- 12Remove from the heat add the bourbon or orange juice and the orange peel.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cider Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (554 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.9
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 659.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: