Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I serve this when I cook a pork roast. I always get raves.
Make and share this Apple Cider Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Pour out drippings and let fat rise to the top.
- Meanwhile, deglaze pan with a little water.
- Skim off 3 tbsps.
- of fat and put into saucepan.
- Toss out the rest of the fat.
- Add drippings to pan.
- Make a mix of the flour and a small amount of COLD chicken broth-- remember cold is good here.
- Put everything but the bourbon (or orange juice) and the orange peel into the saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Slowly, in a thin even stream, add the flour/broth mixture.
- Adjust for desired thickness.
- Remove from the heat add the bourbon or orange juice and the orange peel.
Sorry - I made this just as directed and no one in my family liked it. Said it was "yucky". I thought it was o.k., but the alcohol flavor was too strong. Not worth the effort to try it again with the orange juice.