Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
Great fall carrot side dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and sauté until carrots begin to brown slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add apple cider, brown sugar, and tarragon and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until carrots are tender and liquid is reduced to glaze, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Part of menu #26073. I used baby carrots. Dried tarragon. The apple gives this a nice tang. I love that you didn`t over do the brown sugar. It was perfect! Salt was skipped. Thanks!