Recipe by LMillerRN
This is best right out of the oven.
Top Review by sprue
this was delicious. i actually made it into muffins. and with no eggs its easy to make vegan! i did use whole wheat flour and cut down a little on the oil and they turned out fantastic! thanks for a fun yummy holiday recipe (ps. it made 10 muffins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Into an 8 inch round cake pan, sift together the flour, brown sugar, ground ginger, and baking soda.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the apple cider, oil, molasses, vinegar and crystallized ginger.
- With a fork just stir until the batter is smooth.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool.