Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is best right out of the oven.
Make and share this Apple Cider Gingerbread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Into an 8 inch round cake pan, sift together the flour, brown sugar, ground ginger, and baking soda.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the apple cider, oil, molasses, vinegar and crystallized ginger.
- With a fork just stir until the batter is smooth.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool.
this was delicious. i actually made it into muffins. and with no eggs its easy to make vegan! i did use whole wheat flour and cut down a little on the oil and they turned out fantastic! thanks for a fun yummy holiday recipe (ps. it made 10 muffins
I sprinkled on a few chopped pecans and omitted the crystallized ginger, but other than that used the ingredients as listed. I couldn't find my round cake pan, so this was mixed in a bowl and baked in an 8x8 square pyrex dish. Glass dish and convection baking (corrected temp to 300F and baked for 25 minutes). This is a tasty way to use some apple cider! My cake was 3 cm high, and I cut into 2 inch squares, perfect size for a snack with coffee. Thank you for posting this simple and tasty cake, LmillerRN!