Recipe by JeriBinNC
This has a marvelous flavor and is perfect on french bread, fruit slices, pumpernickel bread, crackers, or vegetables. You do not need a fondue pot to make this dip; just place it in a heavy bowl that will keep it warm.
Top Review by Chef Deb
Was really looking forward to a great fondue.....I found the recipe to have an "off" taste....I used cider liked the recipe stated, reduced...The sweet taste with the cheese just not as good as I had hoped...was going to send some with my son to college and he didn't care for it either....
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the apple cider to a boil or microwave on high until the cider is reduced by half.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the boiling cider, and mix well.
- Continue to heat until the mixture is smooth and bubbling hot.
- Briskly whisk the fondue to make sure it is smooth.
- Pour into a pre-warmed serving dish.
- Serve immediately.