Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This has a marvelous flavor and is perfect on french bread, fruit slices, pumpernickel bread, crackers, or vegetables. You do not need a fondue pot to make this dip; just place it in a heavy bowl that will keep it warm.
- Bring the apple cider to a boil or microwave on high until the cider is reduced by half.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the boiling cider, and mix well.
- Continue to heat until the mixture is smooth and bubbling hot.
- Briskly whisk the fondue to make sure it is smooth.
- Pour into a pre-warmed serving dish.
- Serve immediately.
Was really looking forward to a great fondue.....I found the recipe to have an "off" taste....I used cider liked the recipe stated, reduced...The sweet taste with the cheese just not as good as I had hoped...was going to send some with my son to college and he didn't care for it either....
I found this recipe on Perfect Entertaining, and it was absolutely amazing. I served it in the baked pumpkin from Pumpkin Cheese Fondue, and everyone thought it was so creative and delicious. I served it with carrots, broccoli, and french bread. This is definitely a keeper, and I passed it on to everyone who came to the party!